Partner has red, irritated sore on the penis shaft. Taken treatment for yeast infection few days back. What could it be?

Recently I was on an antibiotic stronger than normal which I got aa yeast infection from. But this yeast infection was the worst one I ve ever had. I did a monistat one time treatment and ended up having to take 3 diflucan pills. A few days ago my boyfriend said he had something on the shaft of his penis he thinks its like an ingrown hair folicle. But looking at it worried me that it was a herpes sore. It looked red and irritated he had been squeezing at it and what not but last night was kind of scabbed over but looked more ulcerish. We have been together for a year and he says he hasn t slept with anyone else so I don t want to press that question if it may be an ingrown hair
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013