Partner has genital herpes. Treatments available to proactively decrease chances of developing herpes?

I was with a partner who had no symptoms of genital herpes . One week later she contacted me saying she had an outbreak , and had tested positive. I went for blood testing, and came back 0.91 (negative) for IgG. I understood this to mean that I did not infect her, but rather that she had it prior but had never had an outbreak until that time. I am also to understand that if i contracted herpes from her that the antibodies would not be noted so soon after infection, and that I must wait 8-12 weeks for a proper testing. My question is this: Are there treatments I could be taking at this time to proactively decrease my likelyhood of developing herpes, or being contagious - both immediately and in the future?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013