Particle stuck in the back of throat, pimple-like bump on the soft palate. What is this ?

Hi doc - i m one of those worriers. today i felt like I had a small particle stuck in the back of my throat . when i looked in my car rearview mirror in bright daylight, i noticed that it was just a small, pimple-like bump on the soft palate -- maybe a half-inch from the midline of the roof of my mouth. Near tonsils but not on them (I think). It had maybe a slightly white hue to it (like a hard pimple), but it could also have been flesh colored. it was raised, firm, and very small. anyway, I tried to scrape it away or pop - but no immediate luck. Then, about an hour later, it s disappears on its own. Maybe there s a flesh-colored spot where the pimple used to be, but it s not hard any more. Hardly noticeable at this point. Never any pain or bleeding -- either before or after. Any ideas what this is?
Asked On : Sat, 22 Sep 2012