Partial paralysis of vocal cord. Endoscopy showing flap of vocal cord not working. Difficulty in speaking. Suggestion?

my wife age 55 is fuffering from partial paralysis of vocal cord from last 7 days. ENT doctor did the endoscopy and based on his observation suggested right flap of vocal card is not working. He prescribed tab Esfolin plus (methyl tetrahydro folate 800mcg,pyridoxine hydrochloride 1.5 mgmethylcobalamin 1500mcg) one tab daily for 4 months. In his openion the recovery will take place 4 to 6 months. He also suggested voice therapy. I would like your comments on the line of treatment. My wife is unable to speak clearly now a days only whispering sound can be heard.
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013