Part of leg warm to touch, swelling, peeling skin. Suggestions

I have a large red area (about 5-6 inches across) on my left leg that is warm to the touch. It started about 2 weeks ago and was swollen at that time and itched severly. I thought it might have been poisen oak as I had that in other areas of my body but just a few spots about the size of a quarter. The poisen oak is gone but the red area is still there and it kinda looks like a sunburn with peeling skin two layers deep. The swelling is gone but the red area is still there and does not seem to be diminishing.
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013