Paronychia on finger, skin separated from nail, swelling. Suggestion?

hi... i am having paronychia on my middle finger of hand from last one week.. now the present condition is that the skin has separated from the nail and is open, there is little swelling on my middle finger, it is paining a lot under the nail where the skin is swollen, nail color is same, no puss is visible.. i do not understand whether it is healing or shall i consult a doctor. i am also doing warm water soaks 2-3 times a day... the inner skin which is visible from the opening is very loose and painful... also the outer skin is very loose and painful.. can u please suggest something?
Asked On : Tue, 9 Oct 2012