Palpitations, loss of appetite. Will amitriptyline stop palpitations?

hello 5 weeks ago i started having palpitations for no aparrent reason, i had loss of appitite and lost over 2 stone when i was only 8 stone to start with, for 3 seperate weeks i was at the dotors every other day begging for there help, my doctor prescribed me beta blockers 10 miligram but i needed them every 5 hrs to stop the palpitations, they gave me nightazipam of 5 miligram to help me sleep as i felt this was part of the problem, i took them for 2 weeks and when the tablets ran out the palpitations came back, they have now prescribed me amitriptyline 10 miligram with my beta blockers will these stop my palpitations?
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012