Palpitations, increased heartbeat, shakiness, strange taste in mouth, prescribed Citalopram

Hi, I have been getting palpitations through the night for the last three nights, Slow one night where i felt like I needed to take deep breaths and the other nights it was a fast heart beat the last night wasnt as bad which seemed to calm down when deep breathing . I also feel sick and shaky and have a strange taste in my mouth. I suffer bad with anxiety and stress and have been prescribed Citalypram which I have been taking on and off. I have stopped smoking 2 days ago after the palpitations aswell.
Asked On : Sun, 14 Oct 2012