Palpitations getting better on taking deep breaths. Any permanent cure?

I am having heart palpitations with 175-200 beats per minute. I have had these since my teens and can usually stop them after a few minutes by breathing deeply a few times. I'm 45 now- so ive dealt with them on and off for a long time. I have only had four or so times over the years when they have lasted more than an hour. They started at around 815pm and it's now after 10 pm and I'm worn out! Feeling nausea that comes and goes, ears ringing/hurting, neck pressure-similar to when you're about to faint.
Is there anything at all I can try besides deep breaths and holding nose and blowing? I've tried both of those several times.
I just feel so exhausted/listless/restless and like I should be in the emergency room-but I know from past that they're not typically life threatening.
Any suggestions?
Thanks much- Christy Smith
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013