Palpitations, anxiety, increased heart rate, high BP, mitral valve prolasys. Help?

Hi Sir, I am 31 yrs old male. I have a symtom of anxiety and mild palpitation (not increased heart rate but increased amplitude) from last 2 years. I had got full heart check up in Aug 2011 and everything was found OK. I went to the doctor again in May 2012 and complained about my existing problems of occassional palpitaion and anxiety. Doctor precribed to take prolomet xl 25 mg . Since then till October 2012 I was on the same medicine untill I started having a symtom of shortlessness of breath. I complained this to another doctor and he asked me to taper the dosage to 12.5 mg. Since then I am on Prolomet 12.5 mg. I tried to quit it somedays back but it resulted in increased BP (140/95). I am scared with continuing this medicine as I have read it has adverse effect on heart. Although I feel better with this medicine, I want to quit it because of the known side effects. Is there any alternate medicine which doesnt have an affect on heart or kidney . Or could you guide me as how can I quit this medicine. Also I have mild Mitral Valve Prolasys. Thanks and regards, Anupam
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013