Palpitations, Lung infection. Surgery done. Taking painkillers. Any side effects?

I had surgery to remove two electrical pathways in my heart which caused palpitations since I was a small boy but got much worse when I had a lung infection at age sixty four. I had seven months of palpitation lasting up to six hours and from two to six days a week. It was corrected but the damage to my nervous system during the seven months was great and I have aches ever since which makes sleep impossible. I have been given medication for Restless leg problems which seemed to ease the aches, but totally destroyed my sleep. Painkillers like disprin help but damage my stomach. What can I do?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013