Palpable lump on one side of the neck, is movable, CT scan denied lymphoma

On the right side of my neck I can feel my pulse , which I assume is the carotid artery . However, I can literally push and move it slightly. I am a little concerned because I had a CT scan done in January to check on some enlarged lymph nodes. CT scan did detect enlarged nodes on both sides of my neck, but none that made the doctor scared enough to think it was lymphoma or cancerous. I could feel this pulsation and lump or artery (whatever it is that I m pressing on and moving) at the time of the CT scan, but I am just more aware of it now and am constantly touching it and pressing it. Is the carotid artery on the right side supposed to be that palpable? Am I feeling something other than my artery, but the pulse is just going through whatever mass it is? I cannot feel anything like this on the left side of my neck, which is concerning as well. I do have a decayed and broken wisdom tooth on the side of the artery or lump in question. The lymph nodes are still palpable, but I am not sure they have grown at all since the CT scan.
Asked On : Fri, 25 May 2012