Palms and soles turning black. Have colitis. Normal blood work. Need help

Last Wednesday the father of my son woke up with the palms of his hands and soles of his feet had turned black. He is 26 years old and is employed as a tow truck driver. He also has colitis , but is in good health. He is a smoker. He went to a hospital and they did some blood work on him and it all came back normal. They told him that they could give him any anti-biotics or anything for the pain as they don t know what it is. They told him if it doesn t go away in about a week to come back, but is is very painful. Please advise as soon as possible.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013