Pale throat, veins visible. Yellowish bumps with white patches. Why are glands in neck swollen?

Hi my throat has become very pale vs. the normal pinkish red color, so much so that you can see all the veins in my throat. There is a yellowish bump with other white patches about 3mm by 6mm . The flaps of skin infront of my tonsils are very dark red with a few tiny white dots. Very deep in my throat there is a little bit of congestion and if I cough it up there are dark strands of something in the mucous about like a brown eye lash. Alot of the glands in my neck are swollen and one in the middle of my jawline right under my jaw is very painful to the touch. What could cause this?
Asked On : Mon, 2 Jul 2012