Pains in leg, MRI shows inflammation in left sacroiliac area, suspect AS. Can this condition be stopped ?

Hi,my son is eighteen and has been getting these pains in the leg for about a year and half.15 days ago we got his MRI , blood tests done.his MRI showed slight suggestion of inflammation in the left sacroiliac area,his ESR was 10 and other tests were also normal .However his HLA B-27 is positive.He has the clinical symptoms like pain for 5-10 mins in the morning,and his pain comes and goes at an interval of 10-15 days.He is diagnosed for suspected AS. Im am really worried and concerned given his young age.can this condition be stopped,changed.There are so many things on the Internet and my head is spinning with so many conflicting views. On 13th we started him on NSAIDs and his pain has gone away ,which in any case would have vanished since it keeps coming and going anyway.I don t know what to make of our situation and I myself might need to see a psychiatrist . Please help.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013