Pains in abdominal around ovary, mucous discharge, periods started, hurts to sleep. Suggest cure and cause?

I have had sharp pains in my lower left abdominal area, around my ovaries possibly, lower than my stomach. Had some mucousy discharge (with no foul smell though) as well but when my period starts, the pain eases . a week after my period, the pain comes back. Doesnt hurt to pee, no burning or anything just a little discomfort when the muscles release. It hurts to sleep on my side and I must sleep on my back. I have had trouble with my periods since I was a teeneger, Ive also had a LEEP procedure a few years ago. I am now 35
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013