Painless red spots on penis head after intercourse. Is it safe trying cortisone cream?

Hello, Doctor, For the last few months I ve been occasionally getting flat red spots on the head of my penis immediately after intercourse. I wash and use lotion and the spots tend to scale over and flake off and eventually disappear after a few weeks. I ve been tested for most of the major STDs. The spots aren t painful, do not blister , and I have no other symptoms. Again, when they appear, they appear immediately after any kind of vigorous sex (vaginal, oral, even masturbation), or, if I already have a spot or two, the sex re-inflames them. I can t afford a dermatologist right now and it seems like Psoriasis from what I read... am I safe trying an OTC cortisone cream?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013