Painless movable lump on shin, swelling. Medical attention required?

Yesterday I noticed a small-ish, painless lump on my shin in the mid-afternoon. By the time I got to work and had been on my feet for a few hours, the lump had grown considerably, to the point of it looking like a horn was about to come out of my shin, but still painless, no bruise , no previous injury, hard when touching it straight on, but slightly soft and moveable when pushing it up and down my shin. 5 hours later, it returned to the same size it was in the afternoon. Today, it s been about the same, but still very much there. Should I get it checked now or wait it out? Thanks!
Asked On : Mon, 3 Dec 2012