Painless lump near belly button. What is it?

Hi, I am a 35 year old male. I noticed a small painless lump about 2 inches above my belly button about 14 months ago and then ignored it. It doesn t cause me any discomfort and doesn t seem to have grown. I feel it only when I pass my finger on it. It is not even visible. What possibly this could be? Thanks for answering my question? I am consulting my doctor tomorrow but still thought of asking someone.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013
Anesthesiologist 's  Response
there seems to be a benign mass over ur lower abdomen.diagnisis can be confirmed only on examination .please visit a general surgeon.dont be alarmed