Painless lump in the nasal septum. Given steroid nasal spray for polyp. Proper diagnosis?

Hello, I have a lump inside my nose on the septum on the left hand side. It is painless, smooth and I have had no nosebleeds or fluid. I went to a doctor and he said it was too far up for him to see (it is just as the nostril begins to narrow) but he guessed it is a polyp and prescribed a steroid nose spray. It feels as though it is part of the septum rather than dangling like a polyp so I am not sure that his guess was correct. Should I be worried?
Asked On : Fri, 30 Nov 2012