Painless lump behind the ear, increases in size and disappears some days. History of treatment for sebaceous cyst. What could this be?

I have a lump behind my ear that sits right on the bone which has been there for several months. It is quite hard and painless but varies in size from one day to another almost disappearing some days and on others growing to the size of a marble. I am male, 63 years old and in generally good health. I have in the past had the odd sebaceous cyst which has been cut out but they were not really like this. Can you give me any advice please?
Asked On : Mon, 23 Jul 2012