Painless fluid filled lump near the neck. Chances of a cancerous tumor?

I discovered a lump by my neck near shoulder on left side, the lump is about size of a large walnut and a smaller one attached to it, it is stationary and has fluid around it. its not real painful but if I press on it a do have some pain. the lump appeared practically overnight. Should I be concerned if this is a cancerous tumor? Donna in PA.
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013
Oncologist, Radiation 's  Response
Painless fluid filled lump can not be malignant. This is a cystic swelling most probably. May be infective. You should consult a surgeon. He/she can perform the simple clinical tests to clinch the diagnosis. Nothing to be worried about malignancy. Take care.