Painful,red sore lumps on legs, feet, arm. Taken steroids. No relief. Treatment?

Hi im 28 and for atleast 5 months now ive been suffering from these red sore lumps on my legs that have spread to my feet and arm ive been to my gp and dermatology but i keep getting put on steroids but even those have stopped working, right now i find it extremely difficult to walk and have sex cause the pain im in everytime my legs get touched.please can you help
Asked On : Fri, 27 Apr 2012

It seems that you may be having erythema Nodosum. The lesions are erythematous,nodular,painful and mostly occur on legs. They may be idiopathic ...i.e. without any cause or there may be some cause. It may be infection any where in body,connective tissue diseaes, tuberculosis,drugs..etc. You consult competent dermatologist. After few investigations and after finding out some cause, he may give proper treatment to cure the cause. And along with it, he may give steroids in proper dose and tappering dose with antibiotics. You may be improved. I hope you got my answer.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD