Painful wrist. History of hairline fracture. Healed radius. Reconsultation required?

My 17 year old son has a hairline fracture on his right radius that he got while playing hockey. He was in a cast for 4 weeks. His finger nails did not grow on his right hand. He had the cast taken off April 11. He range of motion is improving but he rates his pain a 7 or 8 out of 10 when he uses his wrist. He is having physio therapy. Should he have it recheck by his doctor. I am worried that he may have broken his scaphoid or tore a ligament also. When he got the cast off the doctor told him the Radius is completely healed. He plans to play hockey May 4th. should he be seen again before that.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013