Painful wart growing from thumb nail. Removed surgically, keeps coming back. Solution?

I have a large wart growing from my thumb nail for years, it grows very big, it sticks out from the side of my thumb about the size a little larger then a pea, it throbs with pain, I have had it surgically removed 3 times, it keeps coming back, the surgeon said he cut it right to the bone, removed nail, he just said we will try again surgical, I don t seem it much point, it s been 3 times now, don t seem much point going back again, will I have this forever, is there anything I can do? I tried all the treatments prior to my 3 attempts of surgery.
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012