Painful urination and burning sensation inside vagina after intercourse. What's wrong?

2 days ago after having sex with my partner I experienced a burning sensation inside and outside my vagina immediately afterwards. The burning sensation subsided after half a day and was replaced with a sharp pain each time I went to the toilet. I inspected myself and nothing but overall redness was there but the symptoms of pain and itching persisted. Today I looked again and I have what appears like a distinct difference in colour (whitish) in three different areas of my vulva , there is no swelling , no discharge , only what appears to look like burn marks. This is the third time this has happened over a period of 6 months. I am 50 years old and have been using Oestriol since the second incidence. My partner has no physical symptoms of any kind, and I have a feeling that this is a mixture of sperm and my bodily juices causing a caustic reaction but who am I to know. I have viewed photos of sexual diseases online but nothing seems to present the same way as this does, Help please?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013