Painful toothache. Discoloration of lips and peeling. Suggestions?

I have had a painful toothache in my front right top tooth, it started thursday night i called my dentist and the earliest he could see me is monday, at that point it felt like a cavity so I was not that worried. it has been getting progressively worse, face swelling , lips swelling, pain from my tooh up my nose and into my eye and right temple. Today I woke up and all of the skin on the top gums and inside my lip have turned white and red and are now peeling/sloughing off.....I was very concerned today with the pain and now the skin peeling so I went to a urgent care facility. they gave me 800mg of motrin and looked shocked when they saw the inside of my mouth. I asked them if they knew any dentist that would see me on a sunday and they did not know anyone, they said if it gets worse to go to the er. it is hurting more and I am not sure what to do.....if I went to urgent care which is an emergency room and they could not do anything, if I went to a hospital emergency room, is this really going to help or will I be exposing myself to other peoples sickness and a long wait......generally the er s around here have at least a 3-4 hour I work in a microbiology lab, so now i am concerned that I infected myself with a pyrogynes or clostridium..... I dont know what to do, i am in so much pain I can not deal with it anymore.....I was upset when the urgent care seemed like they did not know what to do, I understand that this is a different field.....I just dont know what to do......oh I am 33 female, in excellent shape, I go to the gym everyday and I am an athlete as well as a microbiologist. I took a few pictures although i am not sure how to upload them here......thank you so much for your advice, i am really loosing it right now and I do not want to make a bad decision.
Asked On : Thu, 22 Nov 2012
Dentist 's  Response
discoloration & peeling of lips can be due to allergy to some medicine you must have taken & swelling can be due to hot fomentaion if you might have done. but to correctly tell i will need to see your pictures