Painful throat, pressure sensation in esophagus, aching pain, reflux, GERD. Allergy?

For the last several years off and on I will have a pain in my throat after eating or drinking (usually something cold, but not always) that feels like a lot of pressure in my esophagus (like a lump or that it is closing up) and I will also have aching pain in my upper back. I can always breathe fine, but it still feels like my throat is closing up. The pain can last anywhere from 2 minutes to an hour (usually shorter than longer). I rarely experience acid reflux, so GERD doesn't seem to fit, and the wide range of what I've consumed has led me to believe that its not any sort of allergy. Any ideas?
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013