Painful throat, post nasal drip, low grade fever, swollen neck glands. Second opinion?

Nasty painful throat 10 plus now for 4 days. Post nasal drip , I have allergies. Low grade fever 101 highest yesterday and today. Pain goes into my ears. Face pain. Swollen Glands in neck very painful tired, achy Cough mild but bring up stuff, hurts to cough, stuff was clear, now changing to yellow Saw Dr. on Tuesday because I was to get my allergy shot, she would not give it to me because of the cold, said it was just a bad virus infection, go home and treat the symptoms. I have been home now and trying to treat the symptoms but I am not having fun. I try and keep drinking, I do not eat much, hurts to much. Taking over the counter meds. Not sleeping well Dr, did run a rapid strep test it was negative. Should I go back to the Dr.? Get a second opinion? Or just tough it out? Thank you, Dawn
Asked On : Mon, 1 Oct 2012