Painful throat. Taking calvepen. Do I have streptococcus laryngitis?

Hi, my name is Pauline.
I went to the doctor on friday with very painful sensation in my throat and was told it was streptococcus, but I also though i heard my doctor say meningitis in same sentence. I have been given a 10 day course of antibiotic called calvepen. I work with children and the mother of children i mind has a concern regarding meningitis thinking it is contagious. I am wondering if i mishear what my doctor has said and if so would it make more sense to talk about a streptococcus laryngitis.
thank you for taking time to read me and i look forward to your response.
Asked On : Wed, 1 May 2013