Painful, tender to touch, itchy bruise like bites on leg. How to get relief?

Hello. I am a 23 year old female. I live in Michigan but I just returned from Nashville, TN a few days ago. After returning from our honeymoon in TN, we had a few friends out at our place for a bon fire. I was wearing shorts and also put bug spray on but I noticed that I was getting bit by what I thought was just a mosquito. I never actually saw what was biting me but I assumed. At that time we were still on our back porch and haven t even started the fire yet. The next day, I realized that I had a little pain around the bites, the pain would be the feeling of the start of a bruise . It was tender to touch. They itched and then later started to become surrounded by a bunch of little red spots around the main, somewhat hard bite. The next day, today it because a purple/black bruise the bite bump was somewhat of a red bruise. It started off as just one bruise that I noticed, but as the day went by I noticed another on my other leg near my hip and a few smaller ones below my knee and now a small bite that itches on my foot . I am wondering if I am just overreacting or if this could be something bad...???
Asked On : Fri, 31 Aug 2012