Painful swollen toe. Blood test showing elevated uric acid levels and gout. History of osteoarthritis on the hip

Hi. About 8 months ago my second toe on the left leg started swelling from underneath and sometimes very painful and not able to wear a shoe. It happened in a period of 3 months twice. I went and saw my doctor and had blood tests were my uric acid was slightly over so I was told it could be gout . Over a period of time I have realised that it triggers when I have a very long walk, sometimes worse than others and sometimes not at all. Could that be gout or something else, I forgot to mention that My left leg has a bit of osteoarhritis on the hip . email: YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Mon, 13 Aug 2012