Painful, swollen sublingual gland on left side of tongue, white bumps on gums. Chews tobacco. Reason?

I have a swollen sublingual gland on the left side of my tongue that is somewhat painful. On a scale of 1-10, I would give it about a 2-3. I noticed some white spots (looks like Canker sores) on the sublingual gland. It hurts when I stick my tongue out and move it around, but not terribly. The pain has spread a little bit to the right, but the swelling on the left surpasses that of the right. I ve been using chewing tobacco for about 2 weeks now, and have noticed some white bumps on my gums, but nothing too terrible. I m just kind of paranoid. It doesn t hurt to swallow , though I have had some congestion which makes my throat a little bit soar, but nothing really noticeable unless I focus on it. I have had a lot of salt intake with the chewing tobacco and sunflower seeds. Sometimes I get a headache. Earache- didn t notice anything until I read an article about salivary gland stuff and it mentioned ear pain, so I may be tricking myself into thinking there is some pain there.
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012