Painful swollen left big toe after jogging, red spots painful. What can this be?

today, I have a numb painful swollen left big toe . 7 days ago, i went jogging after a long period of inactivity and I remember that I felt some discomfort in the toe as I was running. From the day after until today, i have had no symptoms whatsoever. At the left side of the toe is what appears to be a small red spot, which appears to be at the centre of the pain. I have to adjust how i walk, that is, I do not use my toe for grip.
Asked On : Sat, 30 Jun 2012