Painful, swollen gums. Taken Ibuprofen. No relief. Treatment?

i have an existing problem area in my gums that sometimes acts up when i am stressed or have hormonal changes. yesterday my gums started to hurt then started to swell. i took an ibuprofen before i slept to relieve the pain, but when i woke up, the swelling was even worse than before. i have a pictorial later this evening and cannot afford to come in with a swollen face. is there anything you can recommend to bring the swelling down within 12 hours?
Asked On : Sun, 20 May 2012