Painful swelling on the index finger joint. Waiting for a bone marrow biopsy due to low platelet count. History of esophageal bleeding. Concerned

I had been doing some gardening, and was standing there impressed with my 13 y/o actually enjoying work when I got a shape pain in the left index finger proximal joint. It like only slightly swollen, but it ached like I hit it with something. I watched as it got darker purple. Now I am seeing a hematologist due to low platelet count 50,000. I am waiting for a bone marrow biopsy , and 3 years ago my liver went south (no root cause ) and I wound up with an esophageal bleed that put in the hospital for a week. Should I be concerned?
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013