Painful swelling on left side of waist. Diagnosed shingles. No relief with medication. Suggest

I have a bulge / swelling on the left side of my waist, for approx 8 weeks. Started when I thought I pulled a muscle in my back, then picked up my 3 yr old niece and felt pain. My Dr thought a hernia, sent me to a surgeon who did a sonogram and said he thought I had shingles??? I never thought I had shingles, but he put me on the medication for 3 weeks. It is still there and it 's been over 8 weeks. What could it be? Should I get a scan? Thanks.
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013