Painful swelling in areola. Scan revealed swelling under breast skin. Relief with ciprofoxacin. Excisional biopsy needed?

I noticed a painful swelling within my Areola, I went to see a doctor who referred me to a surgeon. On examination, the surgeon said it was a skin problem, he placed me on Tab ciprofloxacin for 1week and also said i should do a breast scan. The scan revealed a swelling under the skin of the breast. The pain has stopped and the swelling has reduced. But the doctor said I should do an excisional biopsy. Please is it necessary? And also I will like to watch it for a week . Please, I will appreciate your urgent answer. Thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013