Painful sores on buttocks, recurring. Family history of type 2 diabetes. Is this common?

I am 21 years old and am constantly getting painful pimple-like sores on my buttocks . They disappear, and suddenly they come back. I do tend to sit down most of the time as most of my work involves a lot of sitting down. I shower every day so I don t believe hygiene may be the problem, and I have not gone to a doctor about the problem as of yet due to embarrassment. Both my parents do have type 2 diabetes , although I am not so sure if this may be a factor. Are butt pimples quite common or is this something to be concerned about?
Asked On : Tue, 25 Sep 2012