Painful, soft, nonmobile lump in neck. Headache, trouble moving neck. Family history of nasopharyngeal carcinoma

My daughter, who is 22, has a painful, soft, nonmobile lump in her left lateral neck that is causing headaches and she is having trouble rotating her neck. She has no infectious symptoms. The onset was sudden. She feels fine otherwise. She noticed it 1-1/2 days later after an incident at work where she was holding the phone with her neck tilted for a prolonged period of time. She is seeing the nurse practitioner tomorrow, but I m a bit concerned and would like some quick advice. There is a significant family history of nasopharyngeal carcinoma in her paternal uncle.
Asked On : Sun, 11 Nov 2012