Painful reddish spot on leg, comes once sometimes twice a year. it Is it Herpes Virus ?

I have a reddish spot on my leg that is painful. I get fatigue a couple days before it appears. I alway have a bruise mark that shows thru out the years for about 4 yearsnow. It shows up about august to november and stays dormant like a bruise the rest of the year. Then flares up as a red little cluster of bumps same spot on left leg. My Doc at first thought it was a spider bite . Then when it acurred again he thought it was a Herpe Virus. It first appeared up at the cabin. Now it just comes once sometimes twice a year same exact place everytime hurts not itchy fatigue and sometimes my whole leg muscle hurts the day before it appears. Is there a cure if it is a Herpe Virus. Or what could this be.
Asked On : Sun, 9 Sep 2012