Painful reddish lump with bruising on the back. Cancerous one?

Hi. Imhave an apt to see dermatologist but not till end of month. In like a matter ofndays a weird reddish/brown bump appeared on my lower back with almost bruise like color going around it. It just literally popped up. Hurts in a burning way to push on bump. It is sort of a raised flat bump. I am so worried. If a cancerous thing, would it have happened so quickly? Should I wait till July 31?
Asked On : Sun, 8 Jul 2012

Dont worry cancers are not sudden in appearance.

You might have developed furuncle.

These are deep bacterial infections.

Treatment is with antibiotics.

Both oral as well as topical antibiotics can be used.

Please meet a dermatologist for exact diagnosis.

Let me know if you have any other doubt.

you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.

Wishing you a good health.
Thank you