Painful, random hiccups after eating or drinking. Trouble singing, urge to burp. Treatment?

Hello, I keep having these random hiccups which are incredibly painful. It usually happens after I ve eaten or when I m drinking. I also have trouble singing as it feels like I am about to burp all of the time and this makes me feel as if my airways are being blocked. The hiccups have seemed to of started two years ago when I suffered from a trapped nerve in my ribs which was incredibly painful. How can I treat this? and What is it?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013