Painful, puffy, sore scar on chest. What could be the reason?

it will be 3 months since my lawmaker was put in im 35 but i felt like different person even after the surgery , but the problem i am having is i have a scar on my chest and it was fine and a few days it started looking puffy and i didn t think much about it just thought it might still ne swollen, so now its changed in length and height and it is very very sore to the point where i cry to even have to roll over or if my shirt rubs it it is really excruciating pain !!!! plz give me some answers as to what ii appreciate your ideas on this! Thankss goin on
Asked On : Sun, 6 May 2012
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.
The pain of the scar may be due to inflammation caused by the rubbing because of clothes.
Some times hypertrophy of the scar will lead to erythema and pain.
For pain you can take ibuprofen in prescribed dose.
And if there is secondary infection it has to be treated by application of an antibacterial cream.
Consult the doctor for clinical examination.
Hope I have answered your query.