Painful, popping sound and burning sensation in left knee. Sitting job, less exercise. Is there any relation?

Every morning and through out the day my left knee makes a popping sound. Both of my knees bow inwards when I walk, which is normal for me. The last couple of days I have been noticing a burning sensation in my left knee on the left of my knee cap, when I rub it, it is very sore to the touch. Is there anything I can help these symptoms go away? I haven t been very active lately and have a desk job where I sit most of the day. I haven t done anything lifting or exercise wise to cause this pain.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013