Painful popping feeling in my bicep when lifting something heavy

Painful popping feeling in my bicep when lifting something heavy today
I'm a 49 yr old woman, and this afternoon when I lifted something heavy, I heard a popping noise, and felt a popping sensation in my bicep. The pain was sharp and painful, but subsided fairly quickly. Two days ago, I woke up in the morning, and had a similar feeling of the sharp pain in the same place in my bicep, but it went away. When I tried reading about possible causes online, it usually referred to some kind of tear in the bicep, but that it only happens to men, so I don't understand what happened. Any ideas? Thank you in advance!
Asked On : Fri, 20 Aug 2010
Thanks for query,
You might have bicep stretching while lifting heavy weight.
Nothing to worry,give rest to the part and you will be alright.
Apply local analgesic cream if required.
Ok and bye.