Painful polyp in the gum, headaches. Need surgery?

Hi; my daughter went to the dentist today with pain in her mouth. There a small lump on her gum and the dentist said it is a polyp that can be fatal. For her not to talk nor eat or take anything for the pain. She is having headaches and the dentist says it is due to the lump. She needs to wait 3 days with nothing for pain or to help the lump. Once coming back to see him he will determine if she will need to surgery to remove it. What is and is there anything to give her relief til she finds out?
Asked On : Wed, 14 Nov 2012
Dentist 's  Response
GO FOR SURGERY AT THIS TIME WARM SALT WATER GARGLES RELIF U.. AND TAKE PAIN KILLER WITH SARSITOPEPTIDASE....