Painful pimple on back filled with pus, causes fever and body ache. Antibiotics taken. Advise?

hey my name is SHANE and since i was little i have this pimple or bump filled with puss on my lower back that keeps coming back it is very painfull and causes fever some times body pain as well every time it goes away after a week if i keep taking anti biotics then it comes back again but i need to find a permanent solution to this recurring probelm now for 18 years plz if u could guide me through ..thank u
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013
Hello SHANE,
Infection should be managed by two most important steps:
1)Aseptic drainage of the pus
2) Appropriate anti biotics: topical and oral
Since you have not responded well to the ones you have had, you should so in for a culture and sensitivity testing of the pus inside the bump.The other sites of colonization of the bacteria need to need examined as well.Antibiotic therapy should be started only after this result.You might require to apply / take oral for a slightly longer period of time if required.
Hope this is helpful
take care