Painful penis, foreskin pulled back, grayish blue mass. What is wrong?

Hi my 8 ur old son came to me last night complaining of his penis hurt so I took him to the bathroom to check and it is swollen about 3 times from normal and when foreskin is pulled back there is a greyish blue mass ( if that is the word I am looking for) took him to a and e where they said they didn t know what it was and they gave me flucxocillin antibiotics , and told me to go to my GP the next day for a review, I am soooo worried for him as it just looks dreadfull red and angry looking and I have not got a clue what it is under the foreskin, I have ask him if he has been messing or put anything inside he says no :( Please help me :(
Asked On : Thu, 27 Dec 2012