Painful mouth sores, prescribed Acycylovir and Cephalexin. Herpes?

So about 4 mothes ago I ended up with painful sores in my mouth and on my head. some were on my tongue . also had jaw pain that extended to my inner ear . I went to the doc and he said it was herpes . he gave me ACYCLOVIR and CEPHALEXIN and it cleared up after a couple weeks. so the awkward part is that I haven t really had any contact with women (or men for that matter.) THanks to a lot of shitty people in my life I haven t had an easy time meeting girls so I just keep to myself. point is that is it possible that it could be something else? I haven t had another breakout since. it just doesn t make sense. lastly, the meds worked, so does that mean I have herpes or does that mean I had something else and we just got lucky and found the right meds? anyway thats all for now. really stressed out about all this.
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012